Seek Compensation For Your Pain And Suffering With Our Skilled Injury Lawyers
Personal injury claims can be filed when you are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence. Our team moves quickly to document your injury, gather your testimony and any relevant witness statements, and seek compensation for your injuries. Contact the Law Offices of Andrew B. Shin as soon as you have received medical treatment for your injuries.
Were you injured due to someone else’s negligence? Free consultations are available with our San Jose personal injury lawyers. Call today!
Types Of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Even if you had a part to play in the accident (for example, looking at your phone while walking across a slippery floor) you still can pursue compensation. Those responsible for your accident will attempt to prove that you had a part to play in it. Our job is to make sure that you are fairly represented.
Personal injury claims we represent include but are not limited to:
- Car and automobile accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Product liability claims
- Wrongful death
- Construction site accidents
- Prescription drug problems
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises liability
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Settlements
- What is the difference between a personal injury settlement and trial?
- A personal injury settlement is an amount that is agreed upon outside of the court between both of the parties involved. A personal injury trial involves an outcome that is much less predictable than a settlement outcome because it is a decision that is made by the court of law. Personal injury trials tend to be much more expensive in comparison to injury settlements.
- How much should I ask for in a personal injury settlement?
- In a personal injury claim, the financial responsibility rests on the person or company whose negligence led to your injury. Most personal injury settlement processes begin with a demand letter. It’s important to state the dollar amount in your demand letter at a price that is higher than what you think your claim is worth. That way, you can anticipate receiving a fair amount with the insurance adjuster’s come back with a counter-offer. It is generally recommended to request a payment that is 75%-100% more than what you think your claim is worth.
Our personal injury attorney in San Jose helps you identify the party responsible for your injury so that you can pursue appropriate action against them. Most likely, you face medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost work as a result of the accident. This compensation is intended to cover those costs.