The Workplace Can Be Dangerous
In California, you can receive compensation for work-related injuries through workers’ compensation. This program is designed to help injured workers cover expenses that result from their accident or chronic pain. Proper and timely application for this program ensures you have the best chance of receiving maximum benefits.
Contact our San Jose workers’ comp lawyers to schedule your free consultation.
We have a particular passion for serving blue-collar workers. Our staff comes from all over the world, and many of us have our personal history of witnessing the impact that work-related injuries can have on both your private and professional life. We’re here to help you get back on your feet.
8 Most Common Workplace Injuries
- Skin Disorders: In order to recover workers’ comp benefits, you must first prove that your skin condition is an occupational illness or injury. The aggravation must derive from a risk that is related to your job duties and not be a risk faced by the general public. The most common types of occupational diseases are skin cancer, dermatitis, asthma, hives and chronic obstructive
- Asbestos Exposure: Asbestos is a durable and versatile material that is often used in a variety of industries before it was discovered that when it degrades and crumbles, tiny fragments can enter the lungs of those who are exposed to it. Asbestos in your lungs can result in multiple health issues, including mesothelioma.
- Agricultural Injuries: For a physical industry like farming, an injury can be devastating. Whether you have been injured as the result of an accident, or you face an injury that has developed over time, you have options for workers’ compensation.
- Back Injuries: Unfortunately, back injuries are one of the most common work-related accidents. These injuries range from moderate to debilitating. Regardless of the degree of your injury, you deserve to have your voice heard as you seek financial compensation for lost wages and health care needs.
- Chronic Pain: Some injuries can occur gradually and over time, such as a repetitive
stress injury caused by working at a computer or at a desk. A chronic condition can also include illnesses, such as the development of mesothelioma due to asbestos exposure.
- Construction Injuries: Common construction injuries involve heavy machinery, weak buildings, electrocution, falling objects, and many more on-the-job hazards. We also represent clients suffering from the emotional and mental tolls of these
- Neck Injuries: If you were injured in an accident at work, the neck injury claim is often much more straightforward. Ideally, we will be able to collect witness statements and a detailed description of the accident to provide you with
a solid claim. Cumulative neck injury claims are a bit more complex, as it requires a specially trained eye to be able to track the progression of your injury over time.
- Repetitive Stress: The body gets worn down from doing the same motions over and over again. When you spend many years doing the same job, injuries can develop over time. These are known as repetitive stress or cumulative trauma injuries, and workers’ comp can help you heal.
Family members mourning the work-related death of a loved one may also apply for death benefits through workers’ comp.